Tour the Midleton Distillery Warehouse Complex with Master Distiller Kevin O’Gorman
Watch the full 20 minute tour below
- Have you ever wondered how many warehouses are needed on site to fulfill Midleton Distillery's vast whiskey needs?
- Do you know how often a new warehouse needs to be built?
- Would you like to know how many whiskey casks exist on site?
- How are all casks inventoried and their movement tracked?
- Why are casks stored upright instead of on their sides?
- How many bays, rows and barrels in every warehouse?
- What is the load-bearing weight of a pallet of barrels?
- What is the journey of the wood used in a sherry butt?
- How are port and sherry casks made?
Midleton Distillery Master Distiller Kevin O'Gorman was kind enough to take us on a tour of the sprawling Midleton Distillery Warehouse Complex recently. All these questions and more answered in the incredibly insightful video we shot in Midleton Distillery. A big thank you to Kevin O'Gorman for his generosity of time and the fascinating information shared.
Watch the full 20 minute tour below:
You have reached a members-only page of the Stories & Sips Whiskey Club.
If you are already a member, we're delighted you're here and you can log in here to access all areas of your membership.
Not yet a member? Join a growing and engaged community of Irish whiskey fans from across the world and participate in our live and virtual Whiskey Club events as soon as you join and get access to our exclusive Club whiskeys and casks. No long-term contracts. Cancel anytime.